Last week was my highest weekly mileage in several months - 80.5 miles! I am feeling really strong and am making sure to be diligent about the extras that keep me feeling that way. Stretching, foam rolling, and strength training are happening on a regular basis. Below is a recap of my week.
- Monday - 14 miles easy at 8:08 average pace per mile
- Tuesday - 10 miles easy at 8:27 average pace
- Wednesday - 13 miles with 7 at progression - 4 miles easy warm up, 7 miles working down from 7:40 to 6:40, 2 miles easy cool down
- Thursday - 5 miles easy at 8:05 pace, ending with 8 x 20 second strides
- Friday - 8 miles easy at 7:57 pace
- Saturday - 22 miles easy in sunshine! Hands down my favorite run of the week. 7:52 average pace
- Sunday - 8.5 miles easy at 8:19 average pace
- 30 - 40 minute strength training sessions x 3, and a 30 minute yoga session
This week should total similar mileage. Family commitments this weekend may require one less day of running but I won't stress about missing one easy run. I'll think of it as a little extra rest for the half marathon I'm running the following weekend!
Late last week I gave in to curiosity and purchased a pair of the Nike Zoom Fly (pictured below). If you are local to my area, Gazelle Sports has a great selection of colors! I am starting to think about my race shoe for the Bayshore Marathon and wanted to give these shoes a try in some workouts and races instead of just going with my trusty Adidas Adios. The jury is still out but I will say they felt really great during my marathon pace run this morning! If you have tried the Zoom Fly I'd love to hear what you think.